September 17, 2017

Peach Creamsicle Smoothie

Can you believe we're still getting peaches off our trees even though it's the middle of September? Well we had a really nice crop this year which made me very happy because peaches are my favorite fruit to eat.  Between our trees and a friend's generous offer to some of the surplus from her trees, we canned and froze quite a few peaches. And now with the temperature being back in the 80s this week, what better way to cool off than to have a peach smoothie.  This recipe is one my son and I really, really love.  It truly tastes like a creamsicle.  I also like how adaptable it is.  I've tried it with raspberry yogurt as well as plain vanilla yogurt and loved them as well.  I think I'll try key lime yogurt next. . . yum!


Peach Creamsicle Smoothie
Peach Creamsicle Smoothie

2 cups frozen peaches
5.3 oz. orange creme yogurt (I used Oikos)
1/2 - 2/3 cup water
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth. When it comes to adding the water, I typically add a little less than 2/3 cup water because I like my smoothies a little thick so add less if you like them thicker and more if you like them thinner.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment