March 15, 2012

Potato Soup

I'm not a big fan of cream soups but one day I had way too many potatoes that I needed to use up.  I thought I would create a potato soup for my husband and this is what I  came up with.  And to my surprise, I love this soup.  I make it all the time now.

Potato Soup
Potato Soup

1 onion, sliced
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 Tablespoon parsley (or more if desired)
Salt and pepper



In a large sauce pan, cook onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender.  Add rest of olive oil and potatoes.  Cover and cook over low to medium heat until softened but do not brown; stir often.  Add garlic, chicken broth and parsley.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.  Remove from heat.

In small batches, put in blender until smooth.  Thin with additional broth if too thick.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment