September 30, 2012

Sausage & Cabbage Skillet

I had some cabbage from my garden that I wanted to use so I created this recipe and you know what. . . my husband and I love, love, love this meal.  I have a feeling you will see this again and again on my "What's For Dinner" posts!

Sausage & Cabbage Skillet

4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 medium onion, sliced
1 small cabbage, sliced or chopped
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound of smoked sausage (I used turkey)
1/4 cup green pepper (or yellow and/or red), chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups cooked noodles

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add cabbage and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted, again stirring occasionally.  Stir in salt, paprika, pepper, sausage, pepper and chicken broth.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.  Add noodles and mix all together.

Servings:  6 - 8
Sausage & Cabbage Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment