“I talked to a calzone for fifteen minutes last night before I realized it was just an introverted pizza. I wish all my acquaintances were so tasty. ”
~Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title
“Beans are neither fruit nor musical.”
These words were written on the chalkboard by Bart Simpson (TV Show: The Simpsons)
Sorry for all you men out there, but this quote made me laugh so I had to share it!!
"Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon."
I don't think I've ever seen pie advertised. That's how you know it's good. They advertise ice cream and other desserts. They advertise the bejeezus out of yogurt, but I haven't seen one pie commercial.
"It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato."
~ Lewis Grizzard (American comedian and
~ Lewis Grizzard (American comedian and
"There is poetry in a pork chop to a hungry man."
~Philip Gibbs (New York Times 1951)
"I don't want any vegetables, thank you. I paid for the cow to eat them for me."
~Doug Coupland (Canadian novelist, born December 30, 1961)
It's no sin to get sauce on your chin.
~ Bishop Tutu
And life and love and peace are all new born.
~Alice Freeman Palmer
My Easter prayer for all of you is that your life is joyful and full of love and peace!
"Only two things in this world are too serious to be jested on, potatoes and matrimony."
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Lucy in Charles M. Schulz's comic strip Peanuts
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. ~Harlan Miller
"With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bent arm for a pillow -- I have still joy in the midst of all these things."
Confucius (China's most famous teacher, philosopher and political theorist -- 551-479 BC)
"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
From the movie, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Willy Wonka)
"Next to jazz music, there is nothing that lifts the spirit and strengthens the soul more than a good bowl of chili."
Harry James (1916-1983), band leader and trumpeter
"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap."
Robert Fulghum in 1987 at Middlebury College
I think he has the right idea; don't you agree?!
"My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with."
Oprah Winfrey (American television personality, actress and producer)
From the TV show, Friends
Today is Julia Child's birthday -- she would have been 100 years old! In her honor, I thought I would share some of her famous quotes. I love #7! Which one(s) do you like?
2. "Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
3. "If you're afraid of butter, use cream."
4. "The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appetit."
5. "I think every woman should have a blowtorch."
6. "Fat gives things flavor."
7. "I always give my bird a generous butter massage before I put it in the oven. Why? Because I think the chicken likes it -- and, more important, I like to give it."
8. "I think careful cooking is love, don't you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who's close to you is about as nice a Valentine as you can give."
9. "Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?"
10. "Learn how to cook -- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun."
"Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter."
President James A. Garfield
"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed." -- Robert H. Schuller