April 21, 2012

Toasted Breads

Last night when I was making dinner, I thought I needed a little something extra to add to our meal.  So, I decided to make this:

Toasted Breads

Toasted Breads

slices of bread
butter or margarine
herbs (e.g. oregano, basil, garlic powder. . .)
shredded cheese (optional)

Just generously spread butter or margarine on your bread.  Sprinkle some herbs on top.  Add cheese if desired.  Put under the broiler for a few minutes.  Remove from oven and cut into thin slices.  Simple, isn't it?!

This recipe has so many variations.  Next time, I think I will try some chopped tomato, Italian seasoning and some mozarella cheese.  What other suggestions do you have?

Update:  I did try it with tomato and mozarella cheese.  I also added basil and oregano.  It is amazing what can be made out of a stale hot dog bun!  Yum!!  Now I want to buy a whole pack of buns just to make these!!




No comments:

Post a Comment