June 21, 2012

Product Review

Speaking of potatoes, I thought I would tell you what product I like when I have a craving for french fries and don't have time to make them from scratch.  I like the Cascadian Farm brand and so does my family.  In fact, it is the only brand I will buy when it comes to frozen french fries (as previously reviewed, I buy the Ore-Ida brand for sweet potato fries). 


Per their website, Cascadian Farm has been around since 1972 and is nestled in the foothills of the North Cascades mountain range in Rockport, Washington.  It is an actual working farm which is dedicated to bringing wholesome organic food to our tables.  Besides french fries, this farm also produces cereal, granola bars, fruits, vegetables, relish, fruit spreads, etc.  They actually encourage you to stop and visit their home farm.  If any of you have been there or plan on going, let us know about your experience!

Because the Cascadian Farm brand is organic, I feel better about what I am serving my family and they really do taste great unlike others we have tried.   Plus they are quick to make.  You just arrange them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake.  Halfway through, you do need to flip them over.  Total baking time is between 13 and 18 minutes which allows you time to prepare the rest of your meal.  My family prefers the crinkle cut fries but there are other varieties including:  country style, shoe string, straight cut, wedge cut oven, hash browns and spud puppies.  They're made with no hydrogenated oils or preservatives.  Try them and tell us if your taste buds enjoyed the flavor!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment