April 7, 2012

Key Lime Pie

We are going to my mom's for Easter tomorrow and she wanted me to bring a pie.  I thought I would make a key lime pie as it is light and refreshing.  My girlfriend gave me this recipe and it has to be one of the easiest and quickest pies to make.  And it only requires five ingredients!

Key Lime Pie

Pie crust (I used a store-bought shortbread crust but many people like a graham cracker crust)
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup key lime juice*
14 oz. sweet condensed milk
4 oz. Cool Whip or whipped topping

With wire whisk, beat egg yolks (about 2 minutes).  Beat in milk.  Then beat in lime juice.  Let sit for a few minutes to thicken and then pour into pie crust.  Bake in a preheated oven (325 degrees F.) for 15 - 17 minutes until center is set but still wiggles a bit.  Cool ten minutes and then refrigerate.  When completely cool, cover with Cool Whip or whipped topping.  See how easy that was!

*key lime juice is different than regular lime juice

Note:  if making own pie crust, bake it first.

Key Lime Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment