May 19, 2012

Product Review


                 Bon Appetit Steam-Baked Dinners
If you have been following my posts, you would see that I had been planning to do another product review.  Because I am a BzzAgent (a program where I am able to try free products so that I can bzz or talk about them) I received two free coupons to try the Bon Appetit Steam-Baked Dinners.  These dinners are  chef-inspired meals that cook in parchment pouches.   Parchment-style cooking is a technique where food is sealed in a pouch and baked.  This method steams food in its own juices.



All Bon Appétit Steam-Baked Meals come with vegetables, a meat and a starch in a flavored sauce. Two pouches are in each package and the suggested retail price is  $8.99 each.  There are eight varieties:

Lemon Butter Chicken
Roasted Garlic Chicken
Beef in Red Wine Sauce
Pork in Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Chicken Florentine
Smoked Apple & Uncured Bacon Chicken
Rosemary Chicken
Creamy Pesto Chicken

My family and I tried the Smoked Apple & Uncured Bacon Chicken and the Pork in Chipotle BBQ Sauce.  They were very easy to prepare -- you can either cook them in the oven or in your microwave.  I choose the microwave and just put the pouch on a microwaveable plate and cooked on high per the directions on the package.  I let it sit for a minute and then cut open the pouch and slid the contents onto the plate.


My 11 year old son did not like either meal but my husband really liked the taste of both of them.  I was somewhere in the middle.  Because the food is steamed in its own juices, it was definitely moister than your average frozen meal and it tasted and looked fresher.  I also like all the flavors that Bon Appetit offers.  I feel like the price is a little high but you do get two complete meals in each package so paying $4.50 on average for a complete meal is fairly reasonable.  The best part of this experience, is that cleanup is so minimal!
Go here for a $2.50 off coupon:   https://www.facebook.com/BonAppetitMeals



No comments:

Post a Comment