June 7, 2012

Homemade Applesauce

I bet you think that it is very time-consuming to make homemade applesauce.  Well, guess again -- you can do it in your microwave!  Just follow these easy steps!

Homemade Applesauce

10 - 12 apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

Put apples and water in microwaveable bowl.  Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.


Use potato masher to "smash" apples.


Add sugar and microwave for 2 more minutes.  Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon if desired.  You're done!

Homemade Apple Sauce

Note:  As you can see from my photos, I used apple slices that I had  in my freezer.  I did unthaw them slightly before cooking.  I did not need to add water because they were still a little frozen.

This is one of those recipes that you really don't need to measure.  At any step you can add more water if too thick. . . you can add more or less sugar depending on your tastes and sweetness of apples. . . you can add more or less cinnamon according to your taste as well.  You can also grind apples before cooking or put cooked applesauce in a blender or food processor if you do not like your applesauce to be chunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment