September 14, 2012

Sugar Cookie Cups

Okay. . . you know I need to make something sweet every week.  Well, I had a craving for sugar cookies and knowing that I was having a party tonight, I thought I would put a small twist on this sugar cookie recipe.  I think they make a great dessert "appetizer".  What do you think?

Sugar Cookie Cups

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 /2 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream sugar and butter.  Add almond extract and mix.   Stir in remaining ingredients.  Using a small melon scoop, put dough in greased mini muffin tins.

If desired, use a small spatula to smooth top and sprinkle with colored sugar.

Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.  Let cool completely on wire rack before removing.  Just use a small knife around each one to loosen.

Sugar Cookie Cups
Note:  These would be great for various holidays -- use red and pink sprinkles for Valentine's, purple and yellow for Easter, orange for Halloween, etc.  You could even use a dollop of frosting instead of sprinkles.  Hmm, I like that idea -- I'll have to try that for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment