January 9, 2013

Mexican Beans and Rice

Honestly, I don't know why I haven't prepared more vegetarian meals in the past.  There are so many yummy ones and here is one of them.  I was in a hurry when I made this the first time (we're having it again for dinner tonight!) and it surprisingly was quick to make.  Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Mexican Beans and Rice

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cups red and orange peppers, cut in chunks*
1/2 cup onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
14 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
4 servings of cooked rice


Heat oil in large skillet.  Saute peppers, onions and garlic for 6 minutes.  Stir in salsa, cumin, beans and tomatoes.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and cover.  Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in hot rice.

Mexican Beans and Rice
Servings:  4

*I used red and orange peppers because that is what I had.  You, of course, can use red or green or a combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment