June 26, 2012

Black Bean Quesadillas

So, I made these for dinner last week. . . and it was the first time I ever made them.  I had every intention of trying them, but somehow never got around to it.  In fact, I had even collected several recipes proving my intent.  You know what -- they're not hard to make!  Besides, how can you go wrong with cheese, tomatoes and onions?!  I have to admit, though, I did make rather a mess!  Oh, but what a rather gooey, yummy mess!

Anyhow, this recipe is a little bit of one recipe, combined with a bit of another and my own twist thrown in!  (That's usually how I cook!)


Black Bean Quesadillas

8 tortillas (fajita size)
8 oz. triple cheddar cheese
2 small tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
3/4 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
1/4 cup onion, diced
butter

Spread one side of tortilla with butter.  Place tortilla on a plate, butter side down.  Spread 1/4 cup cheese on half of tortilla.  Add 1 tablespoon tomatoes, green pepper and black beans.  Add 1/2 tablespoon onion.  Fold tortilla in half, pressing edges lightly to seal.  Repeat with rest of tortillas.

Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat.  Cook each tortilla about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.  Cut in half and serve with salsa or sour cream, if desired. 

Servings:  makes 16 small quesadillas

Note:  I used my waffle/pancake griddle and cooked each one for 3 minutes total because I was able to put lid down so both sides cooked at once.  This also helped to flatten the quesadilla.
Black Bean Quesadillas

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea. The photo with the strawberries is great!

    Mehul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Let me know if you try these and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete