October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pound Cake

This recipe I got from someone I really didn't even know and it was many, many years ago.  I happened to be on a preschool field trip to a pumpkin farm with my oldest (who is now 26!) and another mom brought along some of this pound cake.  I was able to get a copy of the recipe and voila I'm still baking it (it is definitely a favorite with my family)!  This is the type of cake that doesn't need anything else to go with it. . . no glaze, no whipped topping, etc.  It is so delicious all by itself!

Pumpkin Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pound Cake

3 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups fresh pumpkin or canned


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together first 5 ingredients.  Set aside.  Blend oil and sugar in large bowl.  Add eggs, one at a time, to oil and sugar mixture.  Beat well after each addition.  Add pumpkin and mix well.  Blend in dry ingredients and pour into greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake for 1 hour.  Cool for 20 - 22 minutes before removed from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment