October 9, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole

I never cared for tuna noodle casserole until I ate my mother-in-law's version.  It is the only way I prepare this meal now and whenever I cook this for company, they always want the recipe.  It really is very good -- even my 12-year-old says "this isn't so bad" meaning that he is surprised that it tastes so good!!  LOL!

Tuna Noodle Casserole

6 ounces noodles or elbow macaroni
1 Tablespoon margarine
1 cup diced celery
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 (5 oz.) cans tuna, drained or 3 (2.5 oz. or 2.6 oz.) tuna pouches
cracker or bread crumbs
parsley


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook noodles and drain.  Melt margarine in frying pan.  Add celery and onions and cook until tender.  In large bowl mix noodles, celery mixture, mayonnaise, soup, milk, cheese and tuna.  Put into casserole.  Sprinkle crumbs and parsley over top.  Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until hot.

Tuna Noodle Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment