November 28, 2012

Chicken Paprikash

Confession time. . . this is the first time I made Chicken Paprikash.  I don't know why I never made it before.  I guess it was just a dish I didn't really grow up eating or one that I remember my mom making.  I sure was missing out on a really great meal!  LOL!  Even my 12 year old really liked it.

This would be so good on a cold winter day or on one of those days where you're too tired to cook because of Christmas shopping, decorating, baking cookies, etc.  So, give this slow cooker recipe a try and tell me if your family liked it too!

Chicken Paprikash

Chicken Paprikash
1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into chunks
3 Tablespoons flour, divided
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons paprika, divided
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
1- 8 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup sour cream

Coat chicken with 2 Tablespoons flour.  Put in slow cooker.  In bowl, mix onion, 1 Tablespoon paprika, mushrooms, green pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, broth, bouillon and tomato paste.  Pour over chicken.  Cook on low 8 hours.  In small bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon flour, 1 Tablespoon paprika and sour cream (this will prevent the sour cream from curdling when added to the hot mixture).  Add to slow cooker and stir.  Cook an additional 10 minutes.  Serve over pasta or noodles or gnocchi.

Servings:  4 - 6

No comments:

Post a Comment