November 21, 2012

Italian Seasoned Croutons

Have you ever made homemade croutons?  I never tried them till recently, and I have to say, I cannot understand why I never made them before!  They are so easy and actually, I could just eat them without the salad!  So, don't throw away stale bread (or if you have extra after making that stuffing for your turkey!) . . . turn them into croutons!

Italian Seasoned Croutons
 
Stale bread
olive oil or butter
oregano
basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Brush both sides of bread with oil.  Cut into small cubes.  Sprinkle with oregano and basil and mix gently.  Place on cookie sheet and toast for 15 minutes (stirring every now and then) until brown and crispy, making sure they they are totally dry.  Store in a covered container or plastic bag.  Besides salad, they would be great in soups too.

Italian Seasoned Croutons

No comments:

Post a Comment