January 5, 2013

Margherita Pizza

I know there are many versions but this is how I make Margherita Pizza.  (My son who has been to Italy tells me this is not the proper way!  He says that they put the tomatoes on top of the cheese.  I'll try it the next time I prepare this!) 

I do like how quick it is to prepare and the fact that we all really, really liked it.  Of course, you can add other toppings as well.  We added jalapeno peppers, green peppers, pepperoni, etc. to some of them.

Note, because the "crust" is so thin, make sure you make plenty to fill up those hungry bellies (or serve with other foods like I did)!  This would also make a really great snack.


Margherita Pizza

8 flour tortillas
olive oil
tomatoes*
basil
oregano
2 cups mozarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheet.  Thinly slice tomatoes and add a layer to each tortilla.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle with basil and oregano.  Top with mozarella cheese.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.  Cut each into 4 wedges.

Margherita Pizza
Servings:  4  (8 tortillas = 32 wedges)

*I used about about 5 small Roma tomatoes so it will depend on the size of the tomatoes as to how many you will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment