June 4, 2013

Let's Talk

Have any of you planned a family reunion?  How did it turn out?  As I mentioned last week, I hosted a big family reunion this past weekend.  It was a lot of work but oh, it was so worth all the effort.  We had such a great time sharing laughter and memories and stories. . .  The weather didn't cooperate so much for our ballgame Friday night but for the picnic on Saturday it was perfect! We played games, had contests and even had a balloon release to send messages of love up to those who are no longer here with us.

We also had a table that held some of the treasures from my grandparent's day.  In the photo below, do you see the wooden utensil?  That was my grandmother's potato masher!


Of course, we had a ton of food.  Pot lucks are so wonderful because you get to sample so many different types of dishes.  Here are just a few of the treats that my relatives brought:


Needless to say, we ate and ate and then ate some more!  We even went to brunch the following morning which included a wonderful, all homemade, European buffet -- goulash, cabbage and noodles, chicken paprikash as well as all the delicious breakfast foods.  All I can say is no one went hungry!!

If you are thinking about having a reunion, I really encourage you to do so.  I believe family is so important.  I even was able to meet some of my third cousins for the first time!

I would love to hear your reunion stories!  Did you have a good time?  Where did you meet?  What did you do?  What foods did you prepare?  You are very welcome to share your memories with us by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment