September 11, 2013

Crumb Cupcakes

I haven't posted a sweet treat for a while so I thought I would share this cupcake recipe.  I created this recipe when I was in the mood for a good crumb cake and this is what I came up with - mm mm good!

Crumb Cupcakes

Topping
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/4 cups flour
Crumb Cupcakes
1/2 cup salted butter, melted

Mix all together.

Cake
6 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/8 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup flour

powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Place muffin paper cups into muffin pan.  Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in egg.  Add sour cream and vanilla and continue beating.  Combine baking powder, baking soda and flour and add to sour cream mixture.  Beat for 1 to 2 minutes.  Spoon into paper cups, filling about 1/2 way.  Top generously with topping (do not press into batter).  Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes.  Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.

Servings:  12 - 14 cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment