August 17, 2014

Zucchini Chips

I don't know about you, but I've made zucchini every which way lately!  I have so much in the freezer too for future muffins, stews, soups, etc.  Our garden went a little crazy this year!

Anyways, I decided that the last recipe I was going to try this summer was making zucchini chips.  Oh my gosh. . . these were really, really good!  And I'm not a super fan of zucchini to begin with.  You've got to try them and then tell me what you think!

Zucchini Chips
Zucchini Chips


1 zucchini
1 - 2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper (about 4 shakes should do!)
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Cut off the ends of your zucchini.  Then slice them thin (no need to peel).   Make sure the slice them thin so they will crisp up.  Place between two sheets of paper towels and blot them.  Then place them on parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Lightly brush with olive oil.  Mix salt, pepper and paprika.  Sprinkle on top of zucchini being careful not to use too much.  The chips will curl up as it bakes so a little goes a long way.  Bake for about 2 hours until chips are browned and crisp.  Every oven is different so check periodically.  If you have any left over (!) put in a sealed container to store.

No comments:

Post a Comment